A-Allstate Moving & Storage Reviews (1)
Allstate Moving full serv [redacted]
1) As you can see by the below quote, my estimate was for $420. The driver showed up with a quote for $445 and an additional $50 for fuel charge. I was moving 6 miles down the road and deemed the $50 unexpected fee to be outrageous. The quote above did not mention anything related to this fee and when I called to discuss with someone on my move date on Saturday, the woman ([redacted]) informed me that she could make it $45 instead of $50 and I would have to file a complaint to receive the money back. Since this was the date of my move, it was hard to cancel the move at that time and find another company to assist therefore I was left with no choice but to pay the $45.
2) I hired 3 men to assist with the move yet only one of the men did anything. This forced me and my husband to do the bulk of the work. We broke down beds, carried things to the truck, and even assisted with wrapping while one the men sat and watched and the other took multiple smoke breaks. At one point during the move, we had to move the truck from the loading dock - this is a one man job yet all 3 had to stop standing around and smoking to assist.
3) By the time we got to my new place, I told the main mover how I thought they were moving very slow and that since I hired 3 men, that all 3 men should be working and he was very defensive. At this point he began yelling at me. I called to complain to your headquarters and left a voicemail, never to be returned.
4) After 5 1/2 hours the men were almost done and the main mover wanted payment. He did not have the correct contract (below) and would not agree to the $45 that I was provided on the phone on the day of. He would not unload the remaining items until I paid him in cash and he called someone on the phone that would not negotiate with me the items that had already been agreed to. Accordingly, I paid the man $500 in cash.
5) According to my contract below, my fee was $80 a hour ($90 less the $30 credit for 3 hours). Therefore, for 5 1/2 hours and $90 for travel, the fee would be $530. I paid a $100 deposit therefore my new charge should be $430, not $500. Since I wanted my items off the truck, I paid and he informed me that in order to receive a refund I would have to call.
6) Starting on Monday June 3, I called a total of 11 times and not once was able to speak to someone who could help me. I was put on hold for periods of longer than 5 minutes while the person I was suppose to speak to "stepped on another call." I received a call from someone who would patch me through to the person in charge yet again, he "stepped on another call." Today is now June 17 and I have yet to have anyone address my issues.
This type of service and then followed up customer service is unacceptable.
A-Allstate Moving & Storage Rating
Address: 5601-A LaFayette Place, Hyattsville, Maryland, United States, 20781
Add contact information for A-Allstate Moving & Storage