A C & M Landscape and Design Reviews (1)
4/3/2013 signed contract and gave deposit of $7500.00
Was told would start 1st week in May ("around May 1st). Over the next month, weather was rainy so I waited until mid May to contact [redacted]. He had not bothered to contact me about the delay. I Was told he was a couple weeks behind but would start by 1 June. After 1 June past, no work started and no call from [redacted] so I called again and was told "finally got a 3rd crew going" and would start "no later than June 17". A sign was then placed in my yard out front. June 19, after getting no call and work not started, I called [redacted] multiple time and left messages. He did not return calls so I called him am of June 20 from work phone and he answered. I told him I wanted a refund of my deposit and he could forget my job "that maybe that would help him catch up with other jobs." He offered to knock another $500 or so off but I told him I was not interested. He agreed to return the deposit. On June 25 I called him from my cell and left a message, he did not return my call. On June 26, I called him again and left a message. I then spoke with the person who referred him to me and explained the situation. An hour or so later, [redacted] did call me and told me he "did all of his paperwork on Saturday and that he had mailed me a certified check on "Saturday" June 22. I worked Thursday night 27 June and left town on vacation early am on June 28. I asked my roommate to check mail in my absence. I did not receive the check and upon my return to town, I called [redacted] on July 8 and again left a message. He did not call back. On July 9, I called him from a work number, he did not answer but immediately called that number back. We then had a conversation in which he became agitated and told me he was "busy working for satisfied customers", that his phone was "in and out" due to location and that I "had been inpatient" and that "he had communicated with me". I went through the sequence of events as above and told him to put himself in my shoes and imagine my frustration. I told him we needed to get together and he could return the money in person and he agreed "Wednesday or Thursday" (10 or 11 July). On the afternoon of Thursday 11 July, I texted him to ask when and where we should meet to return my deposit but got no response. Evening of 11 July, I called [redacted] and left a message but so far no return call.