A to Z Window Screen, Chimney Sweep, & Dryer Vent Cleaning Reviews (1)
A to Z Window Screen, Chimney Sweep, & Dryer Vent Cleaning Rating
Description: Windows & Doors - Installation & Service
Address: 3440 Rockwell Ln, Lincoln, California, United States, 95648-9303
Add contact information for A to Z Window Screen, Chimney Sweep, & Dryer Vent Cleaning
Add new contacts
Custom screen door with pet door installed. Pet door flap is too heavy and gets too hot for animals. Asked for replacement clear flap, with no success
Codes also applying 6-601,8-899,9-901,4-402,4-499,2-201,2-202,2-208,2-299,5-501,5-502,&5-599.
Purchase date 4/4/12, Install date 4/17/12, Problem date 4/24/12 (approx), Invoice #3355, Sales Rep - [redacted], Office Manager Kathy Turner, and Shop technician Mick, Payment amount $439.76, Paid by Check.
I called to request a quote/estimate for a Custom sized screen door with a pet door built in.
1) Took me calling back to get an appointment set up. Office manager Kathy had to call me back to ask me what time she set my appointment for.
2) [redacted] the sale rep. was given a 2 hour window to arrive at my home for estimate and and arrived 45 minutes after 2 hour time slot. I was told that they have the best pet doors and screens around and was given a quote and turnaround time of 2 weeks total. I trusted that I was getting the best possible price. I was told that Kathy would call me to schedule the installation. I ended up having to call her to do it.
3) I was told that I would be given a $10 Target gift card for leaving positive feedback on yelp.
4)I left positive feedback right away and regret this, because as soon as they got what they wanted their service degraded very quickly - not to mention I never did receive the Target gift card.
4)Ultimately it took 3 weeks to get my door - when promised 2.
5)Upon receiving door, the door did not quite slide smoothly due to uneven door jam - I was OK with this.
6)About a week of using the door - mind you my pets are used to pet doors and have used them before with no problems. - The pet door they installed was a door that I would not have chosen had I EVEN been given a choice. I made the mistake of trusting their expertise with pet doors as [redacted] did that they would give me something that would work for my 40 lb dog, and my 5 lb dog. He met both animals. What was installed in the screen is a heavy duty pet door, that is double flapped with each flap being about 1/4" thick rubber held closed by about 4-6 magnets. My large dog can get through it fine, but the 5 lb, cannot even push the flaps at all. Then the black rubber gets extremely hot with the sun being on it all day and my animals wont even touch the flap due to the heat.
7) I called as instructed by the technician who installed the door and [redacted], that if I had any problems, to just call them. So I did, I said that the black flap was not working for the reasons above. I was told by Kathy she would let the shop know and call me back. 1-2 weeks go by with nothing from them, and I have to call them AGAIN, to find out what is taking so long. I am told that Mick the shop guy will call me back, he never does. I call AGAIN, and Kathy sets up a time for Mick to come look at the door. Monday between 4-6pm. That evening I receive two frantic voicemails, one from Kathy and one from a female office worker, both asking when Kathy scheduled my appt, they could not find where they wrote it down...and in Kathy's voicemail she mentions something about Mick providing me an estimate for the new flap.
8) Mick arrives and is at a loss at how to fix it, to where I am looking on the internet to help him find a product. He told me if I could find another door that would work, they would install it for me. He then said he would have to get back to me upon researching a replcmt flap.
9)Upon searching the internet for replcmt flaps I discover that the pet door they sold me for $210 can be purchased by me for $79.
10) I then receive an email from them saying they found a replacement flap, that they will install for free, but I need to pay them $45 for the flap. I respond very upset over this new charge, and when confronted on the outrageous pricing on the dog door, I am told there were labor and delivery in that price too, yet my invoice does not indicate that.
11) Last item of concern is they are bribing all their customers with a $10 gift card if we leave positive feedback on yelp. After they get their feedback - service levels plummet.