Carpet Town Reviews (3)
Review: On April 10, 2015, I agreed to purchase carpet of my choice for $1,110.00. The agreement was to have someone come out do measurements; have someone come out to take up old carpet in living room, dining room and hallway.
They were to lay new carpet down in living room area only.
- On April 10, 2015, I paid down payment of $560
- Carpet was suppose to be ordered and delivered in a timely manner, however, carpet was not delivered and installed til June 2, 2015 (almost 7 weeks). I complained that they kept saying it was on back order.
- On June 2, 2015, the guys came, took up all old carpet (guys said taking up old carpet was not on their order and they seemed frustrated about it. They didn't talk to me the whole time they worked in my house.
- They laid down new carpet, removed the old carpet and left.
- When I looked at the work, I noticed they had taken up all the door strips from 5 rooms near the hallway (3 bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen area.
- When my husband got home, he had a fit that they took the door strips up and didn't replace
I called Joshua (sales rep) and complained. He said they wood knock off $100 for the long delay in delivering carpet.
I said I wanted more money deducted for they guys removing my door strips. I had to go out and purchase new ones, and pay someone to put them all back in place.
I asked Joshua was this their normal procedure when removing old carpet. Why would they remove the strips and take them away. I don't get it. He could not explain why they did this. I suggested they were mad because they had to remove old carpet which wasn't on their job order.Desired Settlement: I owe a balance of $550
I want $100 deducted for the delay in delivery
I want $200 deducted for having to replace the door strips and paying someone to install them
Final balance owed would be $250
I had a positive experience with Mr. [redacted] and his company. In June of 2013, we were reselling our home and needed 4 bedrooms recarpteted. Mr. [redacted] brought several samples of what I requested and was very helpful. We got a very decent quality carpet at a great price. The installer was very professional and experienced. All appointments were on time and Mr. [redacted] commnicated each step. I noticed that there was a negative review on this site so I wanted to express our positive experience.
Carpet Town Rating
Description: Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Draperies & Curtains - Retail & Custom, Wallpapers & Wallcoverings - Retail, Resilient & Vinyl Flooring, Blinds, Floors - Hardwood, Floors - Laminate, Floor Covering Stores (NAICS: 442210)
Address: 141 E Arch St, Madisonville, Kentucky, United States, 42431-2059
Add contact information for Carpet Town