Design B Studios Reviews (1)
Review: I contracted with [redacted] of DesignB Studios to update and expand my website, FindItInAshburn.com. The contract is dated July 10, 2013 and I personally handed my deposit to **. [redacted] on July 22, 2013. The contract calls for the site to be complete within 2-3 weeks. I did allow for reasonable delays, but over three months from the promised completion date, the site was not finished.
1. First look screen shots weren't sent until after the promised finish time.
2. I changed the domain to point to DesignB studios on October 16, 2013, not because the website was finished and ready to go, but because my previous hosting contract was up. **. [redacted] was aware of this in July. He promised the site would be compete way before October 16.
3. I have repeatedly asked when the project would be complete. I never received an answer.
4. I received an email on November 12, 2013 stating **. [redacted] would review what I wanted and would get back with me.
5. After not receiving communication by December 5, 2013 I decided I could no longer rely on DesignB Studios to either communicate with me or finish the project. I emailed **. [redacted] informing him of that decision and asking for a refund in the amount of $1000.00.
6. **. [redacted] emailed me the following day (December 6) stating he would not provide a refund. He went on to state his opinion of my state of mind and my business plan. He stated the website was complete.
7. I emailed **. [redacted] on December 14, 2013 noting I had a contract that had a delivery time of 2-3 weeks from time of deposit (July 22). I allowed for reasonable delays and had communicated with him, asking for a delivery time. I reminded him the site was no where near complete (content not complete and sections not even begun) and the site was only 'live' because of my prior hosting contract ending.
8. **. [redacted] replied on December 14 that the contract's wording in 'estimated timeline.' While that is true, four and a half months after personally delivering my deposit, the site was no where near finished and I was not receiving communication from **. [redacted] about when it might be done. **. [redacted] said he will not refund my deposit.Desired Settlement: I wish to receive an immediate refund of $1000.00 as the work promised was not done.