Gregory A. Allen Reviews (1)
On 7-14-12 I enter into a contract with Allen Home Improvements to remove damaged roof and gutters at my office. These were two separate contracts (roof cost over $14k and the gutters was $2,903). The roof was to be replace due to hail damage. The company was also contracted to replace 501 feet of gutters and downspouts. I was out of town while the work was being done. I had dealt with this company before and was very satisfied with their work. That's why I contracted with Mr. Allen again. When the work was completed I contacted [redacted] (owner) about the rotted wood that this guys had put the new gutters over. He assured me that his people never saw any rotted wood and would never do that. I also spoke with Mr. Allen about his crew not getting the nails (from the roof) up. After making several calls to his company and getting the a person telling me that he was sick or he will return my call. He never did! I eventually ended up paying another roofing company to run the magnet (used to pick up nails) around my business. I then discovered five roofing nails in my tires. I called Mr. Allen and demanded that he replaced my tires and he did. My old tires were less than a year old. This complaint is about the rotted wood that they should have replaced before installing the new gutters. Or at least, I should have been asked by the installers if I wanted the bad wood replaced. When Mr. Allen's company replace the roof about six years ago, I was informed that new wood (on the roof) was needed. This was done by a phone call from Mr. Allen and I gave the approval to replace the bad wood. This was no big issue and the wood was installed. Because of the previous working agreement I thought that if extra material was needed that Mr. Allen would call. They claim they saw nothing wrong and no rotten wood. Due to the company's failure to replace the wood I had to contract a rodent removal company named [redacted] to remove squirrels from the attic. Upon inspecting the attic it was very obvious that the new gutters were installed over rotted wood. There was actually a hole behind the gutter that was big enough to allow small rodents and birds access to the attic. I have pictures of then and now.