J C Interiors Reviews (2)
Initial Business Response /* (1000, 5, 2015/09/21) */
Contact Name and Title: dan *** owner
Contact Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Contact Email: ***@gmail.com
This was a mistakehe had us mixed up with another companyplease remove this complaint
Initial Consumer Rebuttal /*
(2000, 7, 2015/09/22) */
(The consumer indicated he/she ACCEPTED the response from the business.)
I filed a complaint for the wrong company
The job was completed a little less than 8 years ago. The customer ([redacted]) called me last week to inform me the roof was leaking. I told him that I was going to try to come out on Friday to assess what was wrong. In that same conversation I...
mentioned that the majority of all workmanship issues are brought to light within the first few months of completing the job and it was most likely caused by storm damage or something other than the roof. We were scheduled to come out on Friday but we were backed up due to all the rain we had previous to this appointment. The customer responded with a phone call which we received and a few emails which were not read yet. I have been in the field servicing all the wind damage repairs and [redacted]s call was not returned right away. I accept responsibility for not calling [redacted] to inform him that I am not going to make it on Friday and it was wrong to not be responsive. [redacted] is a good person and a good customer and in addition in addition he is going through a lot in life at the moment. The last thing he needed was a leak in his ceiling and an unresponsive contractor. In fairness to me my response time was 2 business days late. I didn’t count Saturday due to some rain and family commitments. I went to his home on the morning of Wednesday May 18th 2016. [redacted] is an engineer and he likes to be actively involved in the construction and troubleshooting. [redacted] and I worked to try and find the leak, but neither of us found anything that looked suspicious on the roof. I made a few adjustments to the shingles and informed the homeowner that it’s unlikely these repairs would solve the water issue. I then used a garden hose to test the shingles for leaks and no leaks appeared. We then we sprayed the siding and the leak appeared. I sealed some of the siding and the leak disappeared. I spent 2-3 hours at the customer’s home and fixed the issue which was the gaps between the reverse board and batten siding joints.