Rent - A - Relic, Inc. Reviews (1)
After I purchased 2011 [redacted] from Jim's Auto Sales on or about Jan 15th 2013. Immediately started getting warning signals such as Airbag need Services and Traction light which they did fix. March 1st I then decided to take it to a friend of mine who is a Master Mechanic to have him go thru everything to see if he finds anything else wrong with the vehicle since I still have up to 5k warranty. He found one major problem which is Timing Cover. March 5th, I then went back to Jim's Auto and explained what happened. They lent me a vehicle for 2 days while they check on Timing cover. March 7th, I went back to pick up my vehicle and asked about Timing cover. They said it's not leaking (first visit). I then proceeded to make another appt with my Master mechanic the following week to see if it's still leaking (March 8th). Master Mechanic said it's definently leaking so I went straight back to Jim's Auto the same day and spoke with the Manager of Jim's Auto (Second visit). I explained to him that I just came back from the shop and they said it's still leaking. Manager then said it's not leaking but weeping. I said what's the difference between weeping and leaking which I dont find any difference but he does. He said it's moisture but not leaking. I said to him it's not supposed to be mositure at all. He disagreed with me and REFUSED to fix the problem because it's not leaking. He said for me to come back in another 1k miles and go from there. I explained to him that I think I know what you're trying to do here. You're trying to wait it out til warranty expires so that I'll be stuck with the cost of the repair. He went on saying that's not how he runs the business. I told him I will be back within 1k miles and we will talk then if Timing cover still leaks.
March 11th, I made a phone call to [redacted] to get a second opinion which I have an appt at 4:15 this afternoon. If [redacted] says yes it's leaking then Revdex.com what should I do about this? As for Timing cover repair cost/labor runs about $500-800. Pls tell me what is the next step I should take.