LeafFilter Reviews (%countItem)
The day of installation they said it could be completed in 3 hours and it took all day because of miss communication with the installation crews.
Not happy with any of this process and will not be recommending this to my other senior friends that need gutters.
I went to this company because of a recommendation from a friend. They are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I couldn't get this guy out of my house. I know it's all a sales pitch they are trained to do. I think you need to come up with a better sales class. I went from $8600.00 down to $4000.00. Still a NO. I had to tell this guy 10 or more times...I always get multiple estimates on my projects. So far I have done pretty good at this. I can tell he was a sales dude trying to take advantage of a single female. I told him...I'm not stupid. He got angry. Thinking he had a fish on the line. I made him rush thru his sales pitch. Not happy with that. I said many times...Give me a price. I've vented enough. DO NOT USE THEM
The next day was rain and the gutters were awesome they had no overflow. I would recommend this product to everyone. The price was even less than I expected by $1,500
Wayne Brock- Canton, OH
1. Tried to become my friend and told me his life history out on the street
2. Told me that he was one of only two salesman out of Calgary and that they originally started with 5. "Red Flag"
3. Complimented me on my lawn, hello let's get on with it please
4. Did a walk around and came up with 194 ft of gutter
5. Came into the house and wanted my wife to be there too, no problem
6. Salesman had liquor on his breath
7. Pulled out his flip book and started in on a rhetorical presentation which I stopped
8. Showed me how bad the competitors products are, not interested
9. I asked him to just give me the quote. $8,360
10. Told me that it was guaranteed for the life of the house
11. I told him I was only looking for a quote so that I can budget for them later in the year
12. Said that if I bought now I could get some discounts. (by the way, that is a sure fire indication that the product is very overpriced.)
13. I told him I am not buying it now and he asked me if it was $500 would I buy now. I said no.
14. Kept pushing and asked both of us if we were seniors and that there were discounts for seniors.
15. I responded with that we were looking for the quote only for budgeting purposes.
16. Salesman told me that we were one of two "dead" calls today and that he had had to travel all the way from Chestermere to get here. I told him I'm not dead yet and neither is my wife.
16. Said he had to call his supervisor to report and he got JW Swanson out of Calgary on the line
17. He told JW all the information and the length of gutters and then told him that I had refused to jump at the $500 quote.
18. JW asked me why we even called if we weren't going to buy it today. I told him that he just insulted me.
19. He pivoted and told me that they had some left over material from a commercial job and he could use some of that and the cost would be $3500 if I signed today.
20. He told me I have 3 days to make up my mind.
21. I told him the conversation is over after yet another insult. Hung up.
22. The salesman apologized for the supervisors rudeness.
23. The salesman made out the quote with my pen because he didn't have one.
24. His display box was dim and didn't work properly and lost the quote apparently
25. Kept asking me to sign the contract after being repeatedly told we were looking for a quote only.
26. Finally ushered him out the door after nearly an hour of BS and annoyance.
I have since done some homework on these devices and have found them to be much less than I expected and wouldn't buy them for any reason. The high pressure tactics being used on senior citizens by the salesmen and especially the supervisor fits perfectly with the reviews I have read. I especially was annoyed by the constant putting down of the competitors. If your product can't stand on its own merit, there is something very wrong with it. After reading the reviews, I now understand that the company is a scam and shouldn't be allowed to sell their product in Canada let alone anywhere else. It is overly expensive and not worth the money, especially if you get sucked into buying it at full price. My wife and I were both insulted by the sales tactics used by these "sales people" and definitely will not be using their product nor there services now or in the future.
Agree 100%. My review is in the works
If it was free I would say no
Company has principals
While was in my house I felt like he was trying to strong arm me into signing and I felt bad for defenseless customers who are probably coerced into getting a product they don't want. Do not let these guys into your house! You will be sorry that you ever called them .
I have an update, after contacting Leaf Filter by email they addressed my issues completely.
My issues were resolved completely after emailing company.
We had the Leaf Filter system installed in October; it is now January.The gutter has clogged, there is a pool of water that drips/pours 24/7 directly on the cedar siding of our home, on the sliding glass doors and onto the deck. We live in snow country and this problem will not go away until the summer. The water freezes at night, and leaves large ice patches on the cedar siding and glass doors.
The service tech, on his first visit, said that pine needles were the issue and that I (the homeowner) would need to go up a 30 ft ladder and clean them out! Pine needles are NOT the problem, and I took photos and videos of the problem area to prove my point. On his second service call visit, he said there's nothing he can do until the deck is dry enough for him to place his ladder safely...again, this means summer before the issue can be addressed and resolved. I will not tolerate the dripping and potential water damage to my home for the next 4 or 5 months, and will be demanding a full refund.
Steer clear of this product!
Did you get your full refund?
NOW MY STORY: I had this installed in Oct. of 2018 and very soon after, every claim that I saw on their pretty website and every promise that the salesman gave me, evaporated. Like many complain about, the LeafFilter quickly became clogged with common roof dirt. The wind blows leaves around and even if you are not near trees (I am), leaves will end up on your roof and cause small particles to block the filter. (Leaves pile up there too, contrary to the claim on their website.) Once it clogged, the rain started pouring to the ground as if there was no gutter there. I called the local office and someone came out to inspect the problem. I was told that it will continue happening and that I need to go on the roof with a bucket of hot water and pour it on the LeafFilter to clear it. That did not sound safe to me, so I never did that. Two of the three locations where I had the product installed was on a roof overhang so when the water ran over, it did not directly touch the house or the foundation. Just created a muddy mess and probably still not great for the foundation. But the third area had no overhang. The end of the roof was right off the house. So when water ran over, it hit the wall, the bay window (paint pealing terribly), and down to the foundation. Recently, we had a huge storm. And the rain was flying off that roof. Before long, I had water in my carpeted basement and my unfinished half of the basement with boxes with stuff in it. A big mess! I knew that I had to do something as this was not working. Before I had a chance to get this garbage removed, another storm was coming. I called a handyman in my area and asked him to remove the section of filter that was on the roof without the overhang to protect my basement from flooding again. And wouldn't you know it-we had the heavy rain-but no flooding! It was then that I saw an ad for this product which mentioned the lifetime warranty. I had forgotten about it. So I got my paperwork and saw that I had that. I decided that I would request a refund and purchase a different product. When I called warranty # and told my story, the guy rudely interrupted me and said: "well you know that by removing that one section, you have voided the warranty". I went back to the warranty paper that I had and it did say that warranty is voided if homeowner modifies/alters the product. And he was saying that by taking off one piece to save my basement, I had modified the product. I was too stunned to respond on that first call, but I think I called back a second time to explain my position-that EVEN IF they wanted to be nit-pickey with me and void the warranty on one section, they should honor the warranty on the other two sections and give me back 2/3 of what I paid. It was the same guy on the phone and he was nasty as the first time that I spoke to him. And he would not agree to honor the warranty at all. LOOK OUT! If you are brave and insist on getting this product, be forewarned. I wish that I had seen these complaints earlier.
Overpriced the gutters were! I then asked for my money back & no one calls me back ! I’ll keep working on it!
Please get back to me with an explanation.
Regards Gerry Kitchen.
Address: 11 Worthington Access Dr, Maryland Hts, Missouri, United States, 63043-3804
Sign in to see
Add contact information for LeafFilter