Patriot Air, Inc.
Added on -, by Reviewer2165952
A week ago, we were set to move forward with the installation of a new a/c system on December 8th cause that’s when the ROOFERS would be available. Every time we have spoken to **** ******** about her and her new a/c system, she has stated that SHE needed to get more information from other people...
ie.. roofers, HOA, friends and family before she could continue with our scheduled installation (December 8th?). First, we were going to put it in before Thanksgiving, later it was the day before Thanksgiving, now she stated the roofer is busy until December 8. We have always been ready to put the unit in TOMORROW. On my first visit to her home, I was just stating facts… The unit did have a cracked condensate pan, there was no way to fix it, and that the unit was NOT going to be "drip free" onto the new roof. She burst into tears saying that she couldn't afford a new roof AND a new a/c system. She just had no money to do it. We needed to get creative and fast. She did qualify for our financing. At no time was she interested at that point in canceling her maintenance program with Patriot Air, WHY? She asked us if there were less expensive systems out there and I said yes, there are. But, you will not be able to pipe the condensation drain down the existing pipe if you change the configuration of how the unit connects to the house. She elected for the more expensive system because the HOA wouldn't allow for the drain to be piped off the front of the home.We have always told her since day one that she needed a new unit and she knows it and has agreed. However, she decided to purchase a service contract to “baby’ it along AND to receive a 10% discount on the new system in the future. Problem is/was that the future came calling when the roofer wouldn't replace the roof with a leaking air conditioner. I know from previous experiences with roofers that if you damage their final product install in any way, i.e.… water pooling onto roof, cutting into foam to install a new a/c system, that they will VOID their warranty of the roof. The only way the roofer would replace the roof was if the a/c system wouldn't leak onto it which was impossible with her current system. I stated to her that if anyone cuts into a new "foam in" roof it will void the warranty from the roofer. So, I said that the air conditioning needed to be changed when/if she redid the roof. She elected to continue to "baby" her old unit as LONG as she could because her priority was to have the ROOF redone because it was leaking and that was ALL she could afford.She had finally made a decision, she had elected to install the more expensive system in order for it to drain correctly per the HOA. I have ALWAYS maintained that her payment was going to be about $75.00 a month for that equipment and she agreed. She even went so far as to call the finance company to confirm her out of pocket costs which they confirmed. I hadn't yet written up a sales slip for the equipment just yet (my mistake) as I didn't quite know 100% which unit we were putting in and when exactly. She was changing things all the time, so I was waiting for the final decision, not blowing her off as she seems to think. A/C Unit pricing changes weekly. Prices go up several hundreds of dollars depending on the supply and the demand. We are an air conditioning company, we put in a/c units. When it’s November 6th and someone says their project isn't until December 8th, then guess what....We are thinking of 30 different projects ahead of that one. At first she was appreciative and unassuming. Then **** became pushy and condescending acting like we had to drop everything and accommodate her requests. Acting like I was out to get her, like I was trying to cheat her. She was getting bad advice from people that didn’t know me or my business. She was fearful I was going to put her in an inferior system.. Fact is, there was only one option to install. The Trane Packaged Over/Under Heat Pump system as agreed.I'm sorry, but we help everyone the best we can.. I'm not concerned really with a project on December 8th when it's November 6th. I know she has insurance people pressuring her to get multiple bids, roofers blowing her off for weeks at a time, her HOA telling her what she can and can't do with respect to the unit’s condensation drain. We never SOLD her a new air conditioner, we advised her that the old one wouldn't stop leaking onto the roof... PERIOD. She BOUGHT and signed, without any pressure or duress, an annual Service Contract from our company to receive free annual checkups and coil cleanings, as well as, receive a 10% discount on the new system when it was required, and to have us maintain the equipment for a period of three years. Patriot Air did agree to perform maintenance of her current system (Goettl Packaged Heat Pump Model #HP361H & Serial #1309008 , respectively) and YES, the contract would transfer to a new unit installed by us, or to a new home in the valley, or a new homeowner. If she'd like to transfer the contract, she is more than welcome to. She is demanding that we continue to maintain a unit installed by a different company than ours; that all the terms and conditions we had originally agreed continue to be met i.e.… free service calls and discounted parts and labor rates. We wouldn’t want any other company touching our new installation, and would expect that they wouldn’t want us to touch theirs. FACT IS, she is in breech of contract by changing the unit we agreed to service which completely makes this a CIVIL matter. Apparently she has found a CHEAPER alternative to our proposal of $6068.95 to finance and replace her current a/c system. She signed a contract with us and there are fees to cancel. If she read the terms she would understand that. She has made DEMANDS by means of intimidation through BBB, that we REFUND her service contract costs. Never once did she ask that we meet or beat her alleged bids from other companies. We had no idea that she was getting other bids considering she already had a maintenance program with us, already signed a credit application to purchase a new system which we asked the finance company for $6700.00 according to the original bid. Since she was a maintenance contract customer, she received a 10% discount. Problem is, we have to back out all the service calls, coil cleanings, labor and taxes incurred to date, as well as a $35 processing fee and subtract those from the original total of $493.00. We were out on 10/4/2014 Invoice #8485 was $340.34 for checkup, coil cleaning, and drain cleaning… fees were waived in lieu of service contract @ 493.00We were out on 10/25/2014 Invoice #8565 was $$166.00 to measure metal for job, i.e…. metal stand and sheet metal elbow… fees waived in lieu of pending (unsigned until installation) contract to install of new equipment.There are no monies to refund from original service fee of $493.00 any and all work that was included has to be backed out As much work and time as I’ve spent on this endeavor, She owes US money.**** ****Founder and CEOPatriot Air, Inc,###-###-####